The FourByThree elastic rotary actuators are a series of modular, mechanically-compliant and highly-compact robotic joints with torques from 28 to 300Nm. The use of a spring enhances the inherent safety of the actuator in human-robot applications by absorbing shocks and reducing the contact transient forces.
They consist of a brushless DC motor, a novel and compact spring mechanism, Harmonic Drive gear, three high-precision position encoders and mechanical brake and come with pre-defined and completely configurable joint controllers running on the embedded electronics.
Altogether these elastic actuators are the ideal solution to build up complex, powerful, but yet compliant manipulators or walking robots, offering full access to the integrated electronics, the low level software, as well as all communication protocols.
For further details click on the resepective graphics.
- Lightweight BLDC-motor TQ-Systems (0.28 / 0.5 / 1.25 / 3.00 Nm,
130 / 145 / 370 / 580 W, 48 V)
- HarmonicDrive Gear ratio 100:1 / 120:1
- Three absolute position encoders, 19 bit resolution
- Max. 5 degree deflection
- Mechanical safety brake
- Overall weight 900 / 2700 / 4300 / 5850 g
- Variable springs sets (stiffness 175 / 520 / 1914 / 4263 Nm/rad)
- 22 / 38 rpm, peak torque 50 / 85 Nm